Thursday, December 30, 2010

Turning a New Leaf

I guess I should begin with Assalamualaikum to all...

Wow, it has been a while since the last time I 'blogged'. I started blogging back when I was managing the initial team in SEV. I had a wonderful and amazing team back then. Everyone was so energetic and spirited but then, as time passed, the spirit faded and I guess my spirit to blog also diminished.

My 'blogging days' began when one of my ex staff Redza, who is now a successful entrepreneur showed me his blog on his hobby, which were on cars. It was then I realised that if I can get everyone in my tam to start blogging, then everyone could improve their writing skills and in turn develop confidence, which to be franked it did (to most of them). Anyway, Redza left the team mid 2009 to start his own business (which we all supported). Well, I guess when he left, the spirit I innitially had on blogging faded away ....

Anyway, let bygons be bygons. Now, I have a greater reason to restart blogging and maybe facebooking... which is my kids.

I recently taught my eldest son about blogging. He is a bit shy and less confident in stating his opinons compared to his cousin, so I thought maybe via blogging, he can start expressing himself in writing. And what more of an encouragement then if I were to start blogging as well. Maybe no one will read it, but that does not matter, it's a practice to me. I have a dream to write at least a book before I die...Writing is never easy. And it is a nightmare, for those without any practice.

Many things has changed as time fly by. I guess, with time we get wiser. Many people will have their new year resolutions or 'azam tahun baru' by this time. Mmmmm you know what, I think we all should. So, one of mine is to be a better Muslim, son, husband, father and person. There is a saying by an ulama', a Muslim must make sure that tomorrow but be better that yesterday.... I totally agree! Well, that's my 2 cents on the matter... what's yours???

2 comments:

Fakha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nur said...

you should add one more reason for you to resume blogging... me!