Friday, March 7, 2008

Election Is In The Air

I am not going to campaign or anything here, just wanted to say 'Happy Mengundi' to everyone. In this 12th General Election of Malaysia, I hope more of its citizents will embrace and perform their rights and obligations to VOTE.

I was really dissapointed when I got to know that two of my sisters will not be voting as they did not regiseter as a voter. I think if you are already 18 (an ADULT), you should be MATURE enough to know how important is the Elections. I hope all SEVians are registered voters and come out to vote tommorow. Who you choose to be your YBs are your discretions however, please think it hard as it will affect our future.

This will be my second time voting. In the 1999 elections, I was in Australia and thus could not vote. Back then I did not really know that you can vote at the emabssy. If I did know, I would surely cut class and travelled to Canberra (the embassy is located at the capital of Australia 800 km away from where I studied) to performed my duties. In the 2004 elections, I went proudly to affix my 'X' on the little piece of paper that shaped the country for the last 4 years. Now, I am really anxcious to do the same tommorrow.

This time, I will not give my 2 cents as I have realised (past experience) ..... sometimes differences in political views can cause cracks in relationships. Yes, I have lost friends due to politics, some families became distanced due to political stands and so on (you know what I mean). Anyway.... due to that, I will reserve my comments....

5 comments:

mohd amirul nazari said...

i'm so sad because im not be a part of election this years.InsyaALLAh..4 years later im a part of election and maybe "YB" for my Parlimen "Kangar"..he²he².InsyaALLAH..

•‡-§¥ñZ! MpiRe-‡• said...

haha nevermind bro...
but one thing for sure the lyric refers to one of the servant of pharaoh [FIRAUN..] his duty is to kill MOSES [NABI MUSA] the son of Pharaoh..Is that right Sir?

•‡-§¥ñZ! MpiRe-‡• said...

yep i'm gonna vote for MALAYSIA!
but who & which party do i freakin'ly CHOOSE?
hmmm..BIARLAH RAHSIA........

joe razali said...

Thats what I meant by not trying to be too opiniated
in some issues. People can google u up and there goes ur million dollar contract hehehe

BonD said...

huh..it was a shocked result for this election season..but for me, i will vote to malays candidate only no wherether any party..i think, it can be open up their eyes and restrategy for the next election..