Monday, February 11, 2008

The Older You Get, The Wiser You Become

I wonder whether the saying “..the older you get, you wiser you become…” is true. It is around 26 years and …… 60 months (according to the lunar caledar) ago, a cute, handsome, adorable, bouncing baby boy was born into the world. An apple to the eye to a loving couple in Ampangan. This was their second pride and joy after their first child 2 years prior.

This boy spent his childhood years in Seremban. He went to King George V Primary School where he learnt his ABCs and 1,2,3s. He later studied in SMKA Sheikh Haji Mohd Said until form 3 where he learned that nothing is free and that you have to work hard to get what you want. Subsequently he continued his studies at KISAS. It was in KISAS that he began to understand the meaning of ‘life’ and the reasons for living.

After completing his SPM he did his matriculation in UiTM Shah Alam and later pursued a degree in Commerce majoring Accounting and Finance at Monash University in Melbourne Australia. He spent 3 years completing his degree. It was in Australia that he met his current beloved wife whom he wed a year after his graduation.

To cut his story short, his career began in an audit firm, KPMG (those who is in the Accounting profession will have heard of this firm). He then later join MAVCAP and be part of the team to manage the CIP program. Now after 7-8 years in his career, he is currently heading an amazing, fantastic, incredible, wonderful team in SEV. As for family life, he has 2 wonderful kids and expecting another this April…

Yes, it is no secret; today (6 Feb) is my Birthday. Since last night, numerous people have been wishing me verbally or through sms. This year I received the most wishes (thanks to SMCs news flash on all SKALIAN’s birthdays). Mmm it got me thinking, have I become wiser today than yesterday??? (If the answer to that is reflected by your wisdom tooth, then I am sure lacking in wisdom as 3 of mine has not come out yet). But to me, whether I am wiser or not, what really matters is whether I have made any difference in my life and others….This can only be verified by the people around me. If you think I have contributed to the positive change in you, then I am more than happy aging more and more…. If I have not made any difference to anyone in the past year, than maybe, I have just wasted another year of my life. I pray that this coming year will be a better year.

In my humble opinion, the older we get, we don’t just get wiser but the closer we get to day we will leave this earth and enter to a new world (Muslims refer to it as Alam Barzakh). I think we should all remember this, and make sure what we do or will do prepares us for the next ‘life’.

Hey that’s my 2 cents on the issue, what’s your???

No comments: