Tuesday, February 12, 2008

'Orang Kaya Bertaqwa'

I want to do something different this time,
I know I’m not that creative, I will not lie,
I am no poet but I think I can rhyme,
I’m not that good, but I will surely try….

I started reading a new book yesterday,
At least 1 in a month is a target I set,
This time I chose a book in Malay,
Malay is important too, let’s not forget.



The book was recommended by my wife,
A book she read the week before,
She loved the way the author described ‘life’,
The book inspired her and was never a bore.

Chef Rusly Abdullah wrote the book,
He titled it “Orang Kaya bertaqwa”,
Don’t be fooled, it’s not about how to cook,
But his journey to see his teacher in Tanah Jawa.

He described his teacher’s teachings,
A Billionaire himself who's humble and wise,
Full of faith and God’s blessings,
He made it BIG to no surprise.

In short, what the author wants to say,
If you want to be rich, be a pious one,
We will all leave this earth one day,
Lets make sure we bring along Iman.

Should you want me to tell the whole story,
Or ask me to give a summary,
I can't and I won't, I am sorry,
Buy and read the book... nothing is free!!!

I honestly believe in everything we do,
Bring Allah and Iman with you,
Hey, that’s my 2 cents on the issue,
So, what say you???

3 comments:

Tok Mie 7 @ Azmi Ahmad said...

Do read his book "Jutawan Senyap" or "Silent Millionaires". A very interesting view on entrepreneurship. And if have time, should attend his courses.... related to your job :)

Fakha said...

Yup, I have his other books at home. I am almost done with this one and insyaAllah will finist the other 2 books by next week.

Actually I am thinking of joining his courses. You introduced his books to me and Aida during our last meet. Thanks bro.

joe razali said...

I'm a skeptic of this dude, I see him more of a salesman rather than someone who could actually motivates you and get stuff moving. Anyway well sales is the hardest best paying job, aint that rite.